Eyelash Extensions Refill
Although some people choose to get eyelash extensions to highlight their appearance for a special event or occasion, almost all of our clients fall in love with their stunning new look and want to keep it forever. To maintain the lovely, vibrant appearance of your eyelash extensions, you will need to schedule regular follow-up appointments for eyelash infills at Sydney Eyelashes. During this procedure, Kate Ward will replace any extension that has fallen off.
Once your eyelash extensions have been applied I can rebalance them with infills for 3-6 months to keep them looking pristine.
I am often very heavily booked so please book these appointments in advance to avoid disappointment.
I use a unique infill method, developed over a decade, which is extremely thorough and takes a slightly longer time than the standard – I always allow 30mins – 1hr to ensure the health and longevity of your natural eyelashes and extensions.
This method allows the majority of my clients to see us on a monthly basis.
If you wish to change your design or upgrade your set at an infill I would be delighted to accommodate this.
The Lash Growth Cycle
Your natural eyelashes grow and shed regularly. Because the lash extension is bonded to your natural lash, the extension grows out with it. While every individual has a unique hair growth cycle, new lashes always begin to grow before the mature ones fall out. Eyelash refills are applied to these new lashes when they are in the middle of their growth because they are long enough and strong enough to support the extensions.
Although your natural lash cycle lasts about 6-8 weeks, small gaps will be visible as soon as the old lashes fall out – which occurs every few weeks. To ensure that your eyes are always framed by long and full lashes, this is the ideal time to come in for touch-ups with an eyelash extension refill. That’s why our beauty expert recommends eyelash refills every 2-3 weeks as the perfect way to keep your look lush and dramatic.
SYDNEY EYELASHES REBALANCE
- This service begins with me checking your lash pattern and health – I also assess how your extensions have shed.
- I then check every single extensions bond to each natural lash. If I feel it is no longer in perfect condition, grown out or not fully adhered to the natural eyelash I remove it.
- I will also remove any extensions that are attached to an eyelash that is reaching the end of its life cycle.
- I use a unique removal method at infill which is damage free, doesn’t require chemicals and is totally painless. I never peel the extensions from the eyelash which has sadly become common practice as this severely weakens and kinks the natural lash.
- I can now perform a thorough clean of the eyelashes using a gentle water-based cleanser that is engineered for the eyelash extensions. We never use alcohol-based primers.
- I then begin the reapplication of extensions to build the design. Where possible I select new eyelashes that have grown to the optimal stage for bearing an extension.
- You open your eyes to what looks like a brand new set.
- I will let you know anything we have noted that can help you care for your lashes and new extensions.
For me to be able to perform a Rebalance the following must be adhered to:
- I can only rebalance our own work due to safety (mixing adhesives).
- This must take place within 5 weeks due to eyelash growth.
- Mascara cannot have been used on the extensions.
- 30% of the eyelash extensions must remain.
- The extensions must have been kept clean with regular cleansing.
- You must arrive at the rebalance appointment without eyeliner or heavy eyeshadow.
If one or more of the following has not been met, sadly, I may not be able to infill and a removal and new set would be required.
This is due to both eye health and us being able to guarantee the longevity of our work.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 3 – 6 MONTHS?
At this stage I need to remove your extensions, thoroughly clean and perform a nourishing treatment on your natural eyelashes. Many of your extensions will have remained on your eyelash for an extended period of time so they need to be removed.
If you have kept up you rebalance appointments and followed my guidance I will perform all the above free of charge. You will only pay for the brand new set, you may wish to try a new design at this stage so please just let me know.
Ways to Make Your Lashes Last
To extend the life of your eyelash extensions in between receiving eyelash refills, don’t rub your eyes, pull on your lashes or use an eyelash curler – all of which can cause your lashes to fall out prematurely. We also advise you to stay away from overexposure to steam or oil-based eye makeup remover. With proper maintenance and care, you can enjoy the attractive allure of thick lashes always.